Thursday, February 7, 2019

Andrew Hatchett Heh Andy, I tried to restore an 8 MB Blogger backup today, just to confirm what Blogger would do...

Andrew Hatchett Heh Andy, I tried to restore an 8 MB Blogger backup today, just to confirm what Blogger would do with any embedded Google+ comments. It failed miserably: My "I'm not a robot" CAPTCHA prompt kept expiring every 90 sec. This happened in both Chrome and Forefox. I was also presented with a photo-selection verification a couple of times, but it made no difference. Have you heard of that before?

8 comments:

  1. Hi Tony,
    The only time I ran across that was in version 1.7.2 of Google+ Exporter which they fixed in two days.

    What operating system are you running?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony Proctor
    That Win7 may be part of the problem- you really need to come into the 21 st century ;)... just sayin.... Just kidding - sort of :)

    I've never played with blogger using G+ comments so really don't have any experience with them.

    If you'd like you can send me the file and I'll see what happens on a Win10 machine. That would at least eliminate one thing that might be the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew Hatchett I'll send a copy. I don't think this is related to G+ comments, though, or to the O/S version. I think it's just a failure of the backup/restore system.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I need to see if I have an old (pre Google+ Exporter) Blogger backup and try to restore it and see what happens - if I can remember which HD I put my old files on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrew Hatchett This backup was only made a few weeks ago, using Blogger > Settings > Other > Back up content.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I commented on Andrew Hatchett 's post. But I have two suggestions:
    * Wait 24 hours and try again
    * Disable all extensions before you do that

    ReplyDelete