Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Are you new to User2User?


Are you new to User2User?

Come in tonight and ask some questions if you like.
I am Michael Daniels.  I helped start the User2 User community and I love the fact that we are TRULY all users helping one another.  So tonight my baseball game got cancelled because of rain, so I wanted to have an impromptu Hangout to let new folks come ask questions and let some regulars chime in.
☻ I will walk you around the insides of a hangout
☻ Then take a brief tour of User2User.  
☻ After that I will invite Andrew Hatchett into the hangout since he owns the community.  

Click here to watch the hangout/Event
http://goo.gl/FPqrQe

Hope you can make it.

5 comments:

  1. My only question is -- are we supposed to introduce ourselves to the other members?  Roland Takaoka suggested that I join, and I saw his intro, so then I wondered if that is what we are all supposed to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry but I am an early riser and it is getting late for me and $60 a month for 'free' internet is a bit much for me now anyway; besides having to shell out $1000 or so more for a Movie camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, Gary Whalen, where are you hearing these prices?  I don't think anyone gets free internet, and I pay less than the $60 you are mentioning.  What is the movie camera for?  I only paid $30 at Radio Shack for a camera/mic combo that clips onto the top of my monitor.  I've been on Roland Takaoka's hangouts several times, and he and I talk on hangouts often.  So I know my $30 is well spent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely don't need expensive hardware Gary Whalen . Good Internet connection is certainly a plus but the camera/mic need not cost anywhere near $1000. $30 - $80 dollars will get you going just fine. Please join or watch tonight so that others can give you more information and answer your questions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gary Whalen Here is a link to a video I did some time ago using a 2GB Chromebook and a Logitech c920 webcam.

    The 2GB Chromebook cost $190 and the C920 Camera cost $60. So for $250 I have a machine I can dedicate to doing nothing but hosting hangouts on.

    https://youtu.be/5Ah7WI7l-Jc

    Granted, I spent a lot more than that on both my ChromeBox and my Pixel but that was my choice. You can get by MUCH cheaper than what I've spent  :)

    ReplyDelete