Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Thanks to Andrew Hatchett I was alerted to the Zoom Webinar yesterday which was about the new features implemented...

Thanks to Andrew Hatchett I was alerted to the Zoom Webinar yesterday which was about the new features implemented on the latest version just released. I joined the webinar mostly out of curiosity. As some of you might recall I have been unable to use Zoom for my live webcasts because it lacked the ability to have a director stop someone else's screenshare and switch to another participant in the session. I made a request about a year ago for this feature and in November they said it was being looked at for a future release. Boy was I shocked to see this new ability pop up on the feature list during the webinar yesterday!

So now I will have to gather a few folks together to test this out. If it works as described I am a happy camper and will seriously consider moving my platform from HOAs to Zoom.

I've linked the entire feature list below which is quite substantial.

*Screen Sharing Enhancements
Ability to Stop a Participant’s Share
The host can now stop a participant’s screen share by going to the Participant List and selecting More next to the sharing participant’s name.*
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201361953-New-Updates-for-Windows

4 comments:

  1. I moved to Zoom from Hangouts over a year ago. Very pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roosevelt Gist that's good to know. To be clear I've played around with Zoom for a couple of years. My show requires the use of a slideshow to accompany our guests presentation or interview. I have a "director" who switches the presented view to the guest and back to the slideshow being run by a second panelist. Zoom previously required the person sharing their screen to stop sharing before a host or co-host could move the spotlight to another person in the session. Now this looks like it may be fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary Solomon
    Glad Zoom is coming closer to fitting your needs. Just yell If I can help in any way.

    ReplyDelete